Our Wood Destroying Insect Services
- Subterranean Termite Treatments and Maintenance
- Pre-Construction Termite Treatments
- Carpenter Ants
- Carpenter Bees
- Wood Borers
- Powder Post Beetles
Wood Destroying Insect Reports for Homeowners
Did you know that termites are as old as the dinosaurs? Termites date back more than 120 million years, chewing their way through history! Notorious with homeowners across the country, termites are known as "silent destroyers" because of their ability to chew through wood, flooring and even wallpaper undetected. Much to the chagrin of homeowners termites cause more than $5 billion in property damage, costs that are typically NOT covered by standard homeowners insurance. When it comes to termites, prevention is the name of the game. Once an infestation has progressed it can become incredibly costly to remove and repair the damage. Do not hesitate to ensure your home is protected, contact McDuffie Pest control today to schedule your free estimate.
Termite Fast Facts
- Termites never sleep! They build their colonies 24 hours a day around the clock until they perish.
- Termites are known as “silent destroyers” because of their ability to chew through wood, flooring and even wallpaper undetected.
- There are about 2,000 known species of termites in the world.
- The most common termite species found in the United States are subterranean termites, formosan termites, damp wood termites, dry wood termites.
- Termites are highly hygienic insects. Colonies spend a great deal of time grooming one another to prevent the spread of diseases.
- Each year, termites cause more than $5 billion in property damage.
- Termite colonies can have upwards of 2 million members.
- Termites are present in 70 percent of countries across the world and their population outnumbers human beings on a ratio of ten to one.
- The queen termite can lay up to 30,000 eggs per day.